Open-Air Museum of old Japanese Farmhouses is located in Hattori Ryokuchi Park in Toyonaka city. It is a unique outdoor museum where representative houses from throughout Japan have been moved and restored for exhibition.
Expo 70 Commemorative Park is one of the largest parks in Osaka. The “Sorado” is a unique aerial wooden promenade built in the park in which you can enjoy nature and birds-eye views.
LaLaport EXPOCITY is a collection of shops and restaurants beguiling dash of entertainment. Each store, each zone has its own theme, such as “blockbuster collection”, “hands-on experience” and “information beacon”. Steeped in the spirit of Expo 70, LaLaport EXPOCITY promises fun for everyone all day long.
NIFREL is an aquarium produced by Kaiyukan. The name NIFREL derives from the Japanese word “KANSEI NIFURERU” (appealing to your inspiration). Experience at NIFREL will deepen your interest in living creatures and nature, and lead to small discoveries in everyday life.
Redhorse OSAKA Wheel is Japan’s tallest Ferris Wheel (120 meters high). You can enjoy the wonderful view of the city of Osaka from its gondola.
- In the Open-Air Museum of Old Japanese Farmhouses has on display 12 farmhouses such as the Nambu Magariya from as far north as Iwate to the Takakura from as far south as Amami Oshima. Houses were all built in the 17th-19th century and are imbued with the style created by the climate, culture, and customs characteristic to each locality. The clever use of the natural surroundings and wisdom applied by people at the time to live in harmony are in display throughout the structures. Each style of living transcends the depths of time to convey to us quietly important messages.
- Expo 70 Commemorative Park was built on the site of the Japan World Exposition 1970. In the huge park, there are a part of facilities of the Expo 70, such as the Japanese Garden environment. You can relax in the park.
The “Sorado” is named from Japanese word “sora” (sky) and “do” (road). The Sorado is 300 meters long wooden aerial promenade. It is located between 3 meters and 10 meters above the ground. You can enjoy birds-eye views and taking a walk in the mid air.
- LaLaport EXPOCITY is a collection of shops and restaurants with a beguiling dash of entertainment. Each store, each zone has its own theme, such as “blockbuster collection”, “hands-on experience” and “information beacon”. Steeped in the spirit of Expo 70, LaLaport EXPOCITY promises fun for everyone all day long.
- NIFREL aquarium is a unique museum of living creatures. You can see many creatures including fishes, animals, birds, and touch some of them.
- Redhorse OSAKA WHEEL is the Japan’s tallest Ferris wheel (over 120 meters high). Admire panoramic views of the city of Osaka from its gondolas.
What You Can Expect in this Tour
Open-Air Museum of Old Japanese Farmhouses
You can see 12 old farmhouses in one place in Hattori Ryokuchi Park.
Each old house has a unique feature and you can get into the house. It displays life styles of old farmhouse. Fowers and trees welcome you according to the season.
Then you can choose one of those three attractions (A, B, or C)
A: Expo 70 Commemorative park
In a large park, you can enjoy walking through the park. Each season adds the beauty of flowers and trees. I strongly recommend you to go to “Sorado” which is aerial wooden path of 300 meters long. It is amazing to walk through wooden path seeing many kinds of trees. Finally, you can go up the observation tower which gives you wonderful view.
B: LaLaport EXPOCITY
Shops and restaurants are collected in a mall. You can enjoy shopping or eating. This is a typical Japanese modern mall.
C: NIFREL Aquarium
This museum is produced by Kaiyukan which is the largest aquarium in Osaka. You can see a variety of living creatures in a unique way. Not only fishes, but birds, animals are waiting you!
Finally, you can ride on a Ferris Wheel.
Redhorse OSAKA WHEEL
The tallest Ferris Wheel in Japan. Each gondola has a see-through floor. Enjoy panoramic views! Of Osaka!
Number of guests: up to 4 persons
Meeting Time: at 9:00am
Meeting Place: at your hotel
Dismissing Place: nearest station to your hotel
Serving hours by the guide: 8 hours
28,000 JPY (up to 4 persons)
Transportation and entrance fee (you and the guide)
Lunch (Includes guide: About 1,500 Yen for each)
We walk several km in a day. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
If the weather is not good to walk, we might use a taxi and/or stay at a restaurant or a shop near our destination, where you can enjoy Japanese food or buy souvenirs.
If you are interested in this tour, please send me an e-mail.
E-Mail Address: email@example.com